smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes - early stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere - learning something new every day while still experiencing top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo.
smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in New York, Mannheim -Germany and Bangalore-India.
smartShift Technologies is looking for an experienced IT Engineer to join our IT Team to support our local and global IT needs.
- Ensure all support requests are addressed in a timely manner to reduce or eliminate any downtime
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and enhance the IT Operations function, including change management
- Provide suggestions for system improvements based on accruing issues, complaints or feedback from end-users
- Provide ongoing solutions for standard problems in workflows and processes to the end-users in a short period of time.
- Hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing networking equipment, Windows servers and workstations, Google apps, and Active Directory
- Provide high efficient and dependable onsite/remote desktop support for all client end users
- Proven record of diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving end users issues for company owned desktops, laptops, mobile devices and printers
- Actively manage ticket queue, driven by SLA and customer satisfaction
- Assist client end users in the use of commonly used approved company standard software and operating systems
- Image, configure, and deploy desktops/laptops
- Work with external vendors to ensure outstanding work orders are resolved or outstanding issues are being addressed
- Maintain inventory of desktops/laptops/printers/network devices etc.
- Produce reports on IT tickets handled on a monthly basis
- Participate in either implementing new technologies/services or in response to IT emergencies.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work comfortably with people at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational & time management skills; motivation & maturity to work independently or with limited supervision
- A proactive, pragmatic and thorough approach towards every aspect of IT
- 5+ years real world experience in a multiple office environment supporting servers, networking devices, desktops/laptops
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 & 3 networking including advanced firewall configurations and the ability to troubleshoot those devices / networking issues
- Experience managing a large number of devices (e.g. desktop, laptops, VC, printers, VoIP).
- PowerShell & other scripting experience to administer and automate tasks (e.g. software deployment, account management, patching & reporting, general monitoring)
- Strong troubleshooting and networking skills
- Solid understanding of DNS, and TCP/IP outside the corporate infrastructure
- Solid technical knowledge of LAN, WAN and mobile wireless environments
- Experience leading infrastructure troubleshooting & management, primarily in a tech service organization, while developing key reporting metrics of which to measure and mentor the team and the department
- Proficiency in configuring and using monitoring tools for 24x7 environments
- Strong Windows Server administration background (not point and click)
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, must be self-directed
- ITIL Foundation experience
- Self-Motivated, ability to work by self to produce results
- Positive and professional attitude
- Capable of grasping new concepts quickly.
- Ability to multitask in high pressure situations
Any graduate with 6+ years of experience
If you are client focused, open communicator, quality conscious with an eye for technology, here is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow in a fun loving, challenging workspace.
Please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org