smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes - early stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere - learning something new every day while still experiencing top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo.
smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bangalore (India), Mannheim (Germany) and New York (US).
smartShift Technologies is looking for a JAVA TECH LEAD to join our Cloud Transformation & Managed Services team.
- Deliver technical strategies and solutions, application development, and end-users services
- Lead projects to implement new or enhance existing functionalities including articulating requirements and translating them into effective technical solutions
- Act as interface between the onsite delivery team and the offshore development team in India
- Ensure quality delivery from the team
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with team members across globe and customer stakeholders
- Work collaboratively as a team player to develop mutually acceptable solutions, and act as a mentor to the team
- Solve problems and provide support, taking responsibility to make decisions when appropriate
- Effectively communicate with team members and customers, Be able to articulate technology to non-technical audience
- Build relationship with technical team members in all offices
- Track and manage dependencies across lines of business and platforms, maintain technical risks register with mitigations
- Create or maintain architectural artefacts like architectural overview, architectural decisions, integration diagram, non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with other technical team members and create a forum for sharing knowledge
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve quality in delivery
- Deploy, administer and support microservice components in a RedHat OpenShift environment
- Write complex code while mentoring junior developers to learn
- Grow the team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and lead by example
- Protect information and adhere to ISO standards on information security
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a technical lead - coaching, presenting architectural/design elements to customers & team members
- Well versed in front end & back end development
- Good understanding of encryption technology
- Should be conversant with Devops methodologies
- Should possess strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Should have experience reviewing code for team members & etching out a concrete code quality plan
- Should have practical project work exposure using Junit skills
- Demonstrated consistent incorporation of best practices & standards while coding; in particular: secure coding practices
- Good Exposure to building secure & scalable applications
- At least 2+ years handling customers directly, should have presented architecture artifacts and technical solutions to customers and influenced customers; preferably in an offshore setting
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills – should be able to influence customer stakeholders & senior management
- Be a team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentorship & directions to the team and making technical decisions independently
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in following areas are preferred – Microservices, Spring Boot, Spring Security with OAuth2, SOAP and SOAP UI, Jenkins configuration, AngularJS, RedHat PaaS (RHEL, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Camel, Fuse)
- Knowledge on infrastructure specially cloud infrastructure is desirable
- Experience working on projects using Test Driven Development (TDD) is desirable
BE/MCA or equivalent area
6+ years of software industry experience
If you are client focused, open communicator, quality conscious with an eye for technology, here is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow in a fun loving, challenging workspace.
Please email your updated resume to email@example.com