smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes - early stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere - learning something new every day while still experiencing top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bangalore (India), Mannheim (Germany) and New York (United States).
smartShift Technologies is looking for an experienced QA Manager to join our delivery team to support our global needs.
Are you an innovative person who can accelerate the growth of our offshore delivery center? Can you effectively manage highly talented QA/Testing professionals in fast paced environments? We are looking for professionals with excellent relationship building and leadership skills. This role requires a strong understanding of industry best practices in the Quality Assurance (QA) area. We are on the hunt for a sharp and dependable self-motivated professional to join our team in our Bangalore office.
- Build and lead the Testing function by establishing testing standards and practices
- Introduce new testing procedures and methodologies which can accelerate and enhance the software quality and maintain it as a continuous process
- Generate and maintain all the testing related documents & templates and initiate these literature into the main software production stream
- Participate in preparation of test documentation (test strategy, test plans and test cases) and review all documents prior to releasing it to client stakeholders
- Build relationships with client project team members; Collaborate and coordinate with client contacts on testing
- Provide adequate training to the QA team and enrich the team with advanced quality awareness concepts, software testing methods, test case creation steps and supporting documentation procedures
- Manage multiple program/project testing tasks, address contingencies and ensure expeditious issue resolution.
- Manage the capacity of the QA team and publish frequent QA capacity matrix
- Identify and allocate QA resources for projects
- Support sales/pre-sales by estimating testing tasks for projects and also laying testing framework for potential clients
- Lay framework for conducting frequent audits on projects; Conduct audits and publish report to delivery team
- Identifying key metrics on projects and publish it to senior management on a monthly basis
- Mentor the team in evaluating technical approaches to address bottlenecks, balance competing needs and decision making procedures
- Setup goals for QA team and complete performance appraisal for the QA team.
Skills & Experience
Candidates should possess:
- Minimum of few years of experience as a QA Lead/Manager
- Good experience handling US/European clients
- Strong expertise in software testing methodologies; At least 5+ years of experience in prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
- Experience in manual testing of applications, including usage of various tools.
- Experience in automation testing and performance testing tools
- SAP Testing experience is a strong plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to work comfortably with people at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational & time management skills; motivation & maturity to work independently
- A proactive, pragmatic & thorough approach towards every aspect of QA
- An ability to think from a customer angle and strong problem solving skills; Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Project meeting facilitation skills, ability to influence client stakeholders on the subject of QA and testing
- Open communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution. Empower the team to self-organize
- Be committed to constant education (reading white papers, competitor and partner literature, web research, etc.) in order to keep pace with the rapid change associated with the technology industry
- Skills to grasp new concepts quickly; Ability to multitask in high pressure situations
- Any graduate with 10+ years of experience
- ISTQB Certifications multi levels are an advantage.
- QTP Certifications desirable.
If you are client focused, open communicator, quality conscious with an eye for technology, here is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow in a fun loving, challenging workspace.
Please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org