smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes - early stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere - learning something new every day while still experiencing top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bangalore (India), Mannheim (Germany) and New York (United States).
smartShift Technologies is looking for a SAP Basis Engineer to join our Bangalore team.
- Assess the HANA, S/4 HANA migration needs for our customers around the globe
- Execute HANA migration for SAP systems including ECC, BW, SCM, and CRM
- Perform some data volume management activities including data reduction during HANA Migration, evaluation of data growth, providing recommendations for standard & custom data archiving
- Complete Proof of Concepts (POC’s) for various customer initiatives; Setup internal POC’s for migrating SAP applications to the cloud
- Continuously learn and upgrade BASIS skills for various migration scenarios
- Participate in pre-sales activities like estimations/solution options documentation etc.
- Build & maintain strong relationships/partnerships with team members across globe/customer stakeholders
- Collaborate with other technical team members globally and create a forum for sharing knowledge
- Pay importance to processes; setup best practices to improve quality in delivery
- Protect information and adhere to ISO standards on information security
Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience in SAP system sizing / HANA Land scape Architecture design and setup
- Strong knowledge & hands on experience in technical planning, installations, upgrades, maintenance etc.
- HANA migration experience using SUM/DMO from Oracle/DB2 to HANA database
- In depth knowledge of SAP Basis in a single global instance across multiple environments
- Experience on migration of on premise SAP systems to cloud is desirable
- Experience in Hana Installation and Troubleshooting
- Knowledge on infrastructure specially cloud infrastructure is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of SAN, OS, network, disaster recovery, high availability, and other advanced hardware concepts, clustering and VMWare etc.
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in delivery
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills – able to influence customer stakeholders
- Team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentorship & directions to the team & take technical decisions with minimal supervision
- Understand high-level architecture, system sizing & landscape in HANA environment
- Fair knowledge on data volume management including data reduction during HANA Migration, evaluation of data growth, proving recommendations for standard and custom data archiving
- BE/MCA or equivalent area
- 5+ years of software industry experience, 4+ years’ experience as an SAP Basis Engineer
- SAP Certifications for OS/DB migration is a plus
- SAP HANA technology consultant certification is a plus
If you are client focused, open communicator, quality conscious with an eye for technology, here is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow in a fun loving and challenging workspace.
Please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org