smartShift Technologies is looking for an SAP Basis Manager to join our Bangalore team.
- Provide hands-on Basis technical leadership on projects
- Collaborate closely with customer point of contacts as well as internal teams to optimize delivery
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery
- Document, evangelize and execute best practices on projects
- Contribute to deliverables like hardware sizing, disaster recovery plan etc.
- Create, evangelize and publish metrics to measure project delivery effectiveness
- Provide leadership to team to solve complex problems round the clock
- Build a Centre of Excellence (COE) on Basis by collaborating with team members in India and other offices
- Build, mentor and manage a team of Basis experts in India
- Support sales/pre-sales initiatives and travel as and when necessary
- Assign personnel to various activities/projects & maintain a capacity plan
- Develop project schedules; Prepare integration plans. Prepare reports for server utilization
- Implement controls/procedures to protect information related to customers, suppliers, vendors etc.
- Practice open communication with team members in all offices
- Share knowledge on Basis and other areas with colleagues across the globe
- Protect information and adhere to ISO standards on information security
Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience in SAP system sizing / HANA Landscape architecture design and setup
- Strong knowledge & hands-on experience in technical planning, installations, upgrades, maintenance etc.
- HANA migration experience using SUM/DMO from Oracle/DB2 to HANA database
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Basis in a single global instance across multiple environments
- Experience in the migration of on-premise SAP systems to the cloud is desirable
- Experience in Hana Installation and Troubleshooting
- Knowledge on infrastructure especially cloud infrastructure is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of SAN, OS, network, disaster recovery, high availability, and other advanced hardware concepts, clustering and VMWare etc.
- Understand high-level architecture, system sizing & landscape in HANA environment
- Fair knowledge on data volume management including data reduction during HANA Migration, evaluation of data growth, proving recommendations for standard and custom data archiving
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in the delivery
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills able to influence customer stakeholders
- Team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentorship & directions to the team & take technical decisions with minimal supervision
- Eagerness to learn new technology/new concepts
- BE/MCA or equivalent area
- 10+ years of software industry experience, 8+ years’ experience as an SAP Basis Engineer
- SAP Certifications for OS/DB migration is a plus
- SAP HANA technology consultant certification is a plus