smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes - early stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises and Fortune 1000 corporations.We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems.We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere - learning something new every day while still experiencing top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo.
smartShift Technologies is headquartered in New York, with offices in Germany and India.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a Senior SQL Server DBAto join our Cloud Transformation &Managed Services team.
- Lead and architect all client database projects
- Participate in pre-sales activities and provide demonstrations of Cloud database solutions
- Prepare high level and low level database design documentation
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Develop database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install database systems by developing flowcharts, applying optimum access techniques, coordinating installation actions, documenting actions
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems, calculating optimum values for parameters, evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases, completing maintenance, responding to user queries
- Conduct user training on usage of databases
- Provide database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems
- Update skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including some after-hours and weekend support as needed
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to help communicate risks proactively
- Create and deploy database change scripts
- Performance tune databases - determine the most effective way to increase performance and recommend hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document client’s database environments
Skills & Experience:
- Experience architecting and designing databases using MSSQL, T-SQL Server
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with database backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience in implementing MSSQL in clustered environment on premise, Azure or AWS cloud platforms
- Experience in DBA automation such as Backup, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Experience working on projects involving High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripting
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and disk configurations
- Technical Expertise in Solutions Stack (Compute, Storage, Network, Security, Backup, Process, Compliance, MA, HA & DR)
- At least 3 successful project implementation cycle experience on AWS and Azure is preferred
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. Should be able to educate and influence clients on database architecture and design
- Experience using project management tools, ITIL and SDLC methodologies
- Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems, extensive experience incollecting business requirements from customers, and transforming the requirements into DB data processes and data schema
Any graduate with 6+ years of experience
If you are client focused, open communicator, quality conscious with an eye for technology, here is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow in a fun loving, challenging workspace.