smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Microsoft Azure Architect to join our Cloud Transformation team in our Bangalore office.
- Design and architect solutions on Microsoft Azure and related technologies.
- Educate customer on Cloud technologies and influence the direction of the solution to be selected.
- Participate in pre-sales activities including options analysis, estimation, and presentation.
- Mentor and lead teams for cloud migration projects.
- Train resources, document migration initiatives, transition and handoff to Managed Services Recruit, retain A players and grow cloud migration team in 2019 and after.
- Respond and collaborate with other subject matter experts within smartShift Technologies to respond to clients queries.
- Audit cloud projects and managed services initiatives so that we continuously strive to improve.
- Create technical white papers, blogs case studies at the end of each engagement.
- Conduct discovery workshops leading to requirement gathering and documentation.
- Keep reviewing cloud technologies roadmap so that new solutions can be proposed to customers.
- Lead POC efforts to research new tools/products.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in architecting cloud solutions using MS Azure Past experience implementing high availability Azure solutions.
- Good understanding of concepts like Routing, Load Balancing, Redundancy, Disaster Recovery, VPN, Firewalls.
- Knowledge in core infrastructure components such as DNS, DHCP, Active Directory (AD), AD Group Policies, LDAP, LDAP Integration, Exchange etc.
- Experience in VMware or any other virtualization platforms such as VirtualBox / KVM etc.
- Application Middleware platforms such as Apache, Tomcat, IIS, NGINX, NodeJS etc.
- Knowledge and exposure in databases like MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB
- Advanced DB Implementation skills such as DB clustering, DB Failover Cloud Platforms
- Experience provisioning, administering and troubleshooting a majority of services on Cloud Platforms Experience with private cloud platforms such as OpenStack is an added advantage
- Experience in automation using one or more automation platforms such as Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Should have experience with command line or API integration with Cloud Service Provider APIs
- Should have excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams including software development groups.