smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned SAP Basis – Automation Consultant to join our SAP Basis team in our Bangalore office.
SAP Basis Automation Consultant
- Technical research and analysis of SAP Basis processes and requirements under evaluation for automation such as Solution Manager monitoring outputs and functionality, Solution Manager Dashboard Builder, SAP Client Copy, Backup and System Refresh processes, EHP and Version Upgrades, HANA Cockpit data, SAP Security and Authorizations administration, Background Job Scheduling and Transport Management procedures.
- Functionality exploration for various tools and applications that may be applied to the above functions (SAP LaMa, Libelle tools, Xandria, ServiceNow, Redwood, BMC Control-M, Tivoli, CHaRm, Transport Manager, SAP CUA, SSO.
- Support for development of an in-house, Micro services based Dashboard/Client Portal project:
- Direct involvement with developers in gathering inputs from source systems (including Logic Monitor, AutoTask, SolMan, HANA Cockpit and/or Xandria).
- Facilitate access to SAP source systems data, assist in testing, etc.
- Coordinate user access where required, set up any demo or sandbox environments.
- Execution of any Pilot or POCs for automation tools, to include Xandria configuration and implementation, Solution Manager Dashboard builder.
- Liaison/consult with software vendors for functionality demos and also vendor support for rollouts if a new tool is acquired.
- Key role in any technical discussions with Clients/prospects of SAP improvements or services needs under consideration for smartShift automation.
Skills & Experience
- Candidate should have strong Basis knowledge and abilities that include core administration of SAP production systems as well as aptitude for identifying and solving various technical problems.
- Should have involved in SAP Automation related projects.
- Strong knowledge & hands-on experience in technical planning, implementation, upgrades, migration and maintenance of various SAP modules on premise and on cloud (preferable)
- Good Knowledge in Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, ABAP Coding (Desirable).
- Must have strong SAP Basis skills on Operating Systems Linux/Unix, and Windows
- Strong experience in most of the database like Oracle, HANA, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase and MaxDB.
- Knowledge on Sybase is preferable
- Knowledge of infrastructure, especially cloud infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience in OS/DB/Infrastructure migration especially HANA migration using SUM/DMO from any source database like Oracle/SQL/DB2
- Hands on experience in SAP systems sizing
- Good experience in HANA installation, administration and maintenance in scaled up and scaled out landscape
- Expertise in configuration of SAP systems not limiting to ECC, CRM, SCM, Portal, BW, PI, GRC, GTS, FIORI, solution manager.
- Experience with Solution manager 7.1/7.2
- Knowledge on High availability with various clustering tools, and disaster recovery setup.
- Big plus to have automation skills on any of the BASIS activities
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills