Our rapidly expanding company is currently searching for a Revenue Manager reporting to the Controller. The Revenue Manager will be responsible for overseeing revenue recognition and revenue operations processes. The role will interface regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of professionals, throughout the organization, and will play an integral part of the adoption of ASC 606.
- Review sales arrangements to validate bookings and ensure proper recognition of revenue
- Apply appropriate treatment of revenue recognition by identifying, documenting, and verifying areas of risk and recommending improvements under ASC 606 to improve effectiveness
- Support the adoption of ASC 606 and implementation of an advanced revenue recognition using Netsuite
- Work closely with the Controller and off-shore Finance team to develop and document accounting conclusions and associated accounting policy; reevaluate key assumptions on an as needed basis
- Work to continuously improve accounting and reporting processes, improve system efficiencies and help streamline/automate procedures
- Build relationships and liaise across business groups including finance, sales, and legal
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include flux analysis, calculating metrics, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliation, preparing reports and resolving issues as needed
- Work with Off-shore / On-shore finance teams
- Oversee the revenue recognition for the company
- Maintaining revenue support for audit
- Calculating deferred and unbilled revenue
- Work with auditors to provide audit documentation
- Approve all customer invoicing and submission to customers
- Collection follow up for customer invoicing
- Transfer pricing documentation, calculations, and entries
- Intercompany revenue and expense transactions and reconciliations
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product and service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable.
- 7+ years of accounting experience for a global organization. Technical and practical knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards ASC 605 and ASC 606 a plus.
- Experience with revenue automation software or Netsuite ERP also a plus.
- An ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy.
- Very strong attention to detail and a passion for digging into processes to better understand them and communicate the big picture.
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics in a clear and ingestible manner.
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance.
- Expert analytic skills. Zen master of spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets).
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred
- CA or similar accounting qualification with 6+ years of industry experience
- Inter CA/ B. Com/ M. Com with 10 + years of industry experience