Cloud Architects at smartShift provide leadership, technical expertise and operational guidance enabling customers to modernize systems and realize the promise of the public cloud. smartShift is actively seeking an experienced Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect to join our growing US team. This role provides incredible exposure to customers and senior management. As an Azure Architect at smartShift you’ll help customers strategize how cloud can positively impact their business and IT operations, design architecture and solutions on Azure, inform best practices for cloud IT operations and DevOps, assess and evaluate security and network considerations for Azure, and provide technical leadership for teams migrating, optimizing, and automating systems on cloud.
Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect
- Design enterprise architectures for Azure for new and migrating systems.
- Direct architecture workshops with technical leaders and executives.
- Define strategic cloud transformation roadmaps and support their execution.
- Provide expert guidance to customers on design considerations for cloud, security, network, and operations.
- Visit clients in support of projects and sales.
- Develop operational standards, select monitoring, and management tools, and help customers streamline IT and DevOps.
- Attend and present at conferences, develop white papers, act as a technical evangelist for smartShift.
- Mentor and train other team members.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience with progressive growth in responsibilities and demonstrated results.
- 3+ years’ experience architecting solutions on Azure in a consultative role.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Ability to facilitate presentations and communication with customer executives, IT management, IT teams, and software development teams.
- Azure Certification required. AWS and/or GPC experience and/or certification a plus.
- Knowledgeable in IT operations, DevOps, and automation to enable enterprise-scale customers to efficiently utilize, manage and operate complex system portfolios on Azure Cloud.
- Knowledgeable of modern software development approaches, architectures, and development life cycles.
- Windows system administration experience and certification. Knowledge in core Microsoft services IIS, SFTP, MSSQL, SSRS, ADDNS, DHCP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and deployment or administration is helpful.
- Project experience involving the migration of on-premise workloads to the public cloud.
- Experience with infrastructure for SAP systems preferred, especially SAP HANA.
- Expert in provisioning, administering, & troubleshooting services on the Azure platform.
- Core architect technical skillset including knowledge of:
- Redundancy, High Availability, Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Networking, Security, and File Systems: Routing, Load Balancing, Firewalls, VPN, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory (AD), AD Group Policies, LDAP, LDAP Integration.
- Virtualization and Hypervisors (e.g. VMware, KVM…)
- Application Middleware / Application Servers (i.e. Apache, Tomcat, IIS, NodeJS, NGINX…)
- Database (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB…)
- Advanced DB Implementation Skills (RDS, DB Clustering, Failover, DB HA w/in the cloud)
- IT/Operations Tools and Best Practice for Azure (IDS, APM, WAF, AV, Log Management & Reporting…)
- Automation Platforms (PowerShell, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Chef, Terraform…)