smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Microsoft Windows/Cloud Engineer to be posted in Montreal, Canada.
Microsoft Windows/Cloud Engineer
- Provide essential production IT Cloud Managed Services support and solution development, along with design, develop, test, and implementation of a variety of secure & scalable cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Deliver scalable designs for migrating applications to AWS, Azure, private clouds.
- Support the sales team and client teams by creating solution options and estimates for cloud migration projects.
- Collaborate closely with customer point of contacts as well as internal teams to optimize the delivery of SaaS applications.
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery.
- Create deliverables as part of cloud migration projects on solution design, hardware sizing, disaster recovery plan etc.
- Create, evangelize and publish metrics to measure cloud project delivery effectiveness.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to the team for solving complex problems.
- Work with distributed teams.
- Implement controls/procedures to protect information related to customers, suppliers, vendors etc.
- Develop interpersonal relations with colleagues and practice open communication with team members in all offices.
- Share knowledge and provide advice on various cloud technologies.
- Be the cloud champion by continuously learning new technologies and identifying technical areas for smartShift to invest in, to stay ahead in the market.
- Lead POC efforts to research new tools/products.
Skills & Experience
- Practical experience deploying, migrating and administering Windows systems, applications.
- Solid understanding of basic Internet and data exchange technologies (browser-based applications, HTTP, FTP, XML, Web Services).
- Experience installing and configuring .net/SQL Server web applications in a multi-tiered architecture.
- Experience provisioning, administering and troubleshooting a majority of services on Cloud Platforms.
- Proficiency with SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Report Development Experience using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder. Creating new or customizing existing Reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and technologies.
- Proficient in PowerShell and creating automated processes.
- Diagnose complex system & performance problems leveraging application traces and available diagnostic tools.
- Identify and recommend solutions to eliminate single points of failure.
- Working knowledge in deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS – or equivalent Azure cloud services.
- Must be well versed in cloud security and able to educate customers on moving to the cloud.
- Additional VMware and Linux experience is favorable.
- Working knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, JBoss etc.) and web servers (Apache, HAProxy, IIS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RDBMS databases on the cloud is preferred.
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in delivery.
- Excellent client communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills – able to influence customer stakeholders.
- Team player & ability to work proactively, & take technical decisions with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn new technology/new concepts.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Azure Certification would be given preference.
- Experience in automation using one or more automation platforms or scripting such as Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Should have experience with command line or API integration with Cloud Service Provider APIs.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.