At smartShift our SAP Automation Leads enable customers to take advantage of our advanced system transformation capabilities, specifically to simplify, standardize, and modernize the custom ABAP code in enterprise SAP systems through smart automation. smartShift’s patented automation enables SAP customers to automatically re-mediate and enhances literally millions of lines of code without manual labor. As a Technical Lead, you’ll define solutions for customers incorporating this powerful technology and be the hands-on solution lead leveraging our tools. At smartShift you’ll do amazing things like remediating and optimize a Fortune 50’s entire custom SAP code base for S/4HANA in only a few hours.
SAP ABAP Automation Engineer / Technical Lead
Responsible for the following as related to all engagements assigned:
- Utilize smartShift’s advanced automation to radically change and accelerate SAP upgrade and migrations.
- Provide direction on how an engagement’s technical deliverables will be satisfied and provide support for the technical aspects of engagement planning.
- Act as the “glue” that binds the technical team to the project.
- Provide a detailed level of technical/product expertise to the account team, representing how smartShift’s products/solutions solve specific client problems.
- Perform technical presentations/demonstrations of smartShift’s products/solutions for customers, support sales pursuit teams, and contribute to proposal development.
- Visit clients in support of projects and sales.
- Facilitate the ABAP code transformation work stream, using smartShift Automation, from planning through go-live and beyond for multiple projects.
- Train other members of the organization on how to use our automation products, and other areas of technical expertise relevant for our customers.
- Be a key member of bleeding edge projects supporting customers as they upgrade to the latest SAP technology and take advantage of advanced capabilities when running SAP on public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience with SAP, primarily in custom development.
- Familiarity with all manner of SAP ABAP custom object types.
- Experienced in multiple SAP project lifecycles.
- Experienced with SAP upgrades and migrations, especially HANA and S/4HANA.
- Knowledgeable of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certification a plus.
- Familiarity with JAVA, RDMS, and XML.
- Knowledgeable of modern software development approaches, architectures, and development life cycles.
- Experience and skills with Fiori development a plus.
- Team management, communication & project management skills as an engineering lead.
- Unsatisfied with doing things via the status quo and always looking for more efficiency and automation, a DevOps mindset.