SAP Basis – Sr. Consultant
smartShift Technologies is looking for an SAP Senior Basis Engineer to join our Bangalore team.
- SAP system troubleshooting & problem-solving, as well as day-to-day monitoring & administration of SAP systems.
- Triage SAP technical issues and resolve per SLA’s; Escalate as and when required; Work in shifts to address customer support issues.
- Configure and execute SAP change control functions including the transport management system (TMS) and batch jobs management across multiple instances.
- Resolve issues related to STMS/CTS+, Security, Solution Manager, application security et.
- Research and provide directions for SAP software corrections including SAP OSS notes and SAP support packages.
- Triage issues on BW, PI, SCM, CRM, ERP etc. on a cloud platform(s) & either solve or assign tickets to relevant teams.
- Perform some data volume management activities including data reduction during HANA Migration, evaluation of data growth, providing recommendations for standard & custom data archiving.
- Troubleshoot HANA based systems at the OS layer.
- Create and maintain documentation related to production batch jobs.
- Creation of client landscapes and client copies, system refreshes.
- Create and maintain RFC connections.
- SAP Print Spool and printer administration.
- Manage the SAProuter configuration for SAP support.
- Complete Proof of Concepts (POC’s) for various customer initiatives.
- Execute HANA migration for SAP systems including ECC, BW, SCM, and CRM.
- Collaborate with other technical team members globally and create a forum for sharing knowledge.
- Continuously learn and upgrade BASIS skills for various migration scenarios.
- Adopt best practices and standards while fixing issues.
- Create documentation for routine processes and/or any changes introduced and share knowledge with team members.
- Perform daily monitoring using Solution Manager functionality and respond to alerts.
- Provide recommendations and guidance for the tuning and optimization of clients’ SAP landscapes.
- Perform or participate in periodic reviews, audits, and updates to the hosting standards, process controls and establish operational discipline through the application of best practice policies and procedures for the SAP operations area.
- Upgrade existing SAP Instances and Install new instances across all platforms.
- Help apply and test Disaster Recovery procedures for the SAP Installations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Candidate should have Basis knowledge and abilities that include core administration of SAP production systems task as well as an aptitude for identifying and resolving various technical problems.
- Hands on experience in SAP system sizing / HANA Landscape design & setup.
- Strong project work experience in STMS transport and CTS+.
- Strong knowledge & hands-on experience in technical planning, installations, upgrades, maintenance of SAP modules on the cloud.
- HANA migration project experience using SUM/DMO from Oracle/SQL/DB2 to HANA database.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Basis in a single global instance across multiple environments.
- Experience with migration of on-premise SAP systems to the cloud.
- Experience in HANA installation & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, especially cloud infrastructure is a big plus.
- Experience in SAP BW, PI, SCM, CRM on cloud troubleshooting.
- Strong working knowledge of SAN, OS, Network, Disaster Recovery, High Availability, and other advanced hardware concepts, clustering, and VMware etc.
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consistent incorporation of best practices & standards in support.
- Fair knowledge of DVM (data volume management) including data reduction during HANA Migration, evaluation of data growth, proving recommendations for standard and custom data archiving.
- Strong documentation skills & experience in creating technical documentation.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills; Proactive communicator; Optimal communication on the resolution of issues.
- Demonstrated experience in managing SAP environment changes & upgrades for more than one environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills/attitude.
- History of successfully completed engagements, new SAP implementations.