Software Developer JAVA (f/m)
Company Profile: Automated ABAP-Code Analysis & Transformation
smartShift’s unique rule-based analysis & transformation engine for SAP ABAP identifies flaws in ABAP code and also corrects them automatically, adjusting huge amounts of code within minutes.
A typical mass-transformation would be to replace SELECT * with SELECT f1 f2 … fn (based on static analysis results) speeding up accesses to column-oriented DB systems like SAP HANA. Transformations can also be more complex, rewriting entire code sections.
smartShift’s unique technology helps companies like BMW/Shell/ Nestlé to reduce the risk, quality issues, cost and cycle times that are traditionally associated with large & complex SAP ABAP transformation projects.
- Design and implementation of our analysis & transformation tools
- Create state of the art software solutions that you can be proud of
- Support the project teams (remotely) at various international locations
- Office Location: Mannheim (at the train station)
- Quick learner / self motivated
- In-depth JAVA knowledge (or another comparable OOP language)
- Solid understanding of basic data structures & algorithms
- Interest in applying automation technology to languages like ABAP
- Outstanding analytical and conceptional skills, high level of problem solving competence
- Knowledge in the fields of databases (SQL), build tools, versioning systems, programming languages, application development lifecycle
- Experience in compiler construction, parsing and static analysis techniques advantageous
- Optional: experience with linux shell-scripting/docker/vagrant or other comparable cloud technology
- Enjoy teamwork
- Fluent German and/or English skills (the more languages the better)
- Challenging work, lots of scope for your own ideas and suggestions
- Great atmosphere, flat hierarchies, cooperative working environment
- Outstanding individual perspectives and room for personal growth
- Solving hard problems posted to us by large international customers
- Agile development process, automated regression testing, frequent releases, usage of modern tools such as JIRA/confluence/git and static analysis tools to ensure high quality of our own software