Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Prepare high level and low-level database design documentation
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Develop database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install database systems by developing flowcharts, applying optimum access techniques, coordinating installation actions, documenting actions
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including some after-hours and weekend support as needed
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to help communicate risks proactively
- Create and deploy database change scripts
- Performance tune databases – determine the most effective way to increase performance and recommend hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document client’s database environments
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems, calculating optimum values for parameters, evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases, completing maintenance, responding to user queries
Skills & Experience
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008, 2008R2, 2012,2014, 2016)
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Strong experience database upgrades from one SQL version to another SQL version.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQLProfiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations,AlwaysOn availability, Database mirroring, Replication and maintenance activities
- Day to day management of the MS SQL databases
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- T-SQL knowledge having basic exposure to procedures/triggers
- Knowledge of integration and reporting services