Systems Engineer – Windows
smartShift Technologies is looking for a Systems Engineer – Windows to join our Bangalore team.
- Triage incoming requests/alerts in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Take ownership of tickets and manage them in a logical & methodical manner.
- Log incidents/requests accurately, categorizing and prioritizing them in line with team procedures.
- Conduct full & thorough diagnostics with end users to enable the first point of contact fault resolution.
- Ensure all issues are adhered to within defined SLA’s – escalate to internal and external teams as necessary.
- Manage tickets through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively communicate with the customer.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks to 2nd level specialists.
- Maintain & upgrade skills by proactively seeking learning opportunities.
- Adhere to the shift roster maintained by the team manager.
- Share learnings and knowledge with colleagues.
Skills & Experience
- Experience, working on Windows-based distributions.
- Experience, working on any virtualization environment.
- Exposure to Public/Private Cloud.
- A keen interest in networking & WAN technology.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven hands-on experience providing helpdesk support.
- Possess customer-centric mentality while troubleshooting issues.
- Highly organized & able to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible & willing to work outside core business hours as required.
- Experience working with any ticketing & monitoring tool is a plus.
- ITIL process knowledge is a plus.