Windows Technical Specialist
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Windows Technical Specialist to join our Bangalore team.
- Complete Windows administration tasks including IIS Log Review, DFS Management, SMTP Relay Server, AD Management, SSRS Log Review, Administer Windows Scheduler, Powershell script creation, and administration, WinSCP, SFTP, Security Management, Group Policy creation etc.
- Troubleshoot issues related to Internet and data exchange technologies (browser-based applications, HTTP, FTP, XML, Web Services)
- Install and configure .NET/SQL Server web applications in a multi-tiered architecture
- Develop new or enhance existing interfaces between SIMS (Insurance application) and other systems
- Build new or enhance existing reports, using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder
- Diagnose complex system & performance problems, leverage application traces, and available diagnostic tools
- Create automated processes in PowerShell
- Document issue resolution and share knowledge with peers
- Triage issues and recommend solutions to eliminate single points of failure
- Support onsite architects during project implementations
- Upgrade skills to stay on top of technology stack growth in the market
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of software industry experience, 4+ years of experience in relevant technologies.
- Hands-on Windows administration experience for at least 3 years.
- Past experience in a variety of Windows administrative activities including Log Reviews, AD management, Scheduler setup and management, FTP management, DFS management.
- Work experience installing and configuring .NET/SQL web multi-tier applications in a Windows environment.
- Work experience in creating reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder.
- Extensive experience using HTTP, FTP, XML, Web Services.
- Experience troubleshooting applications and documenting solutions.
- Past experience working in PowerShell.
- Past work experience in a cloud environment is desirable.
- Working knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, JBoss etc.) and web servers (Apache, HAProxy, IIS, etc.)
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in the delivery.
- Ability to multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced and high-productivity environment.
- Willingness to provide end user, train the trainer and application administration training.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills – able to influence customer stakeholders.
- Team player & ability to work proactively, take technical decisions with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn new technology/new concepts.
- Windows/SQL Server certified professionals preferred.
- Cloud exposure is a plus.