smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes - early stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere - learning something new every day while still experiencing top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bangalore (India), Mannheim (Germany) and New York (United States).
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Cloud Architect to join our Bangalore team.
- Architect cloud solutions on AWS, MS Azure, IBM SoftLayer, Google, private clouds for global clientele
- Deliver cloud transformation projects within timelines setup in SOW
- Support Pre-sales activities including but not limited to technical presentations, estimations, customer education etc.
- Provide solution options to clients including details on cloud sizing, high-availability, recovery options, storage options
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery
- Document, evangelize and execute best practices on projects
- Complete technical risk assessments on projects including security and performance risks
- Build cordial relations with customer point of contact; help support account mining
- Create, evangelize and publish metrics to measure project delivery effectiveness
- Provide leadership to team to solve complex problems round the clock
- Mentor technical staff; support hiring, develop and groom cloud engineers
- Implement controls/procedures to protect information related to customers, suppliers, vendors etc.
- Practice open communication with team members in all offices
- Share knowledge with colleagues across the globe and organize workshops in India office
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years project experience architecting cloud solutions to global clients
- At least 6+ years of cloud project experience
- Proven experience in definition of non-functional requirements (NFRs) and validation of NFRs in projects
- Proven experience in full stack, end-to-end, understanding of throughput, latency, memory, and CPU utilization in a multi-tiered architecture environment
- Past experience in cloud sizing, capacity planning including disaster recovery, high availability setups
- Project experience in AWS environments; Azure, SoftLayer experience is a plus
- Past experience with a variety of application frameworks and application migration – lift and shift as well as cloud re-platforming
- Enterprise cloud project experience is a big plus
- Past architectural exposure to Windows, IIS configuration, Linux etc.
- Past experience automating solutions on cloud is desirable
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills – able to influence customer stakeholders
- Team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentorship & directions to the team & lead technical decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- BE/MCA or equivalent area
- 8+ years of software industry experience
- AWS Architect certified candidates will be given preference
If you are client focused, open communicator, quality conscious with an eye for technology, here is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow in a fun loving and challenging workspace.
Please email your updated resume to email@example.com